Monday, January 25, 2010

Dinner in a Roll


I love this one! Its so easy to make and I think its kinda pretty! But I will warn you, I don't really have a recipe and the measurments I use are ones like, a handful of this and some of that, sorry!

Start with the rolls. I usually use Rhodes rolls because they are so easy but you use your favorite roll recipe too. For our family I usually make 6-8 and will have a couple left over. If you are using rhodes rolls, flatten and strech the roll out till its about 3 inches across, as if you were making a scone. Add 1-2 TB of filling (recipe below) then pull all edges up and seal on top. Put filled rolls into a greases cupcake tin. Brush tops with one beaten egg and sprinkle with parmasean cheese. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
**(Optional)Serve with appropriate gravy (if you like gravy) chicken, sausage, or any other sauce you like

I have a few different filling recipes and you can use whatever you want or change them to your liking.

Filling 1: Is the same filling I use for creamy white enchiladas.
12-16 oz cooked chicken cubed or shredded.
sour cream about 1 cup
cream cheese half cube, 4 oz
1/2 can cream chicken soup
whatever seasonings you like; onion powder, crushed garlic, pepper, salt,

Filling 2: Sausage and veggies
1 lb sausage
1 cupish carrots chopped very fine
1 cupish celery chopped very fine
Saute sausage and veggies in saute pan till sausage is done and veggies are tender.
Add a few TB of flour and combine well. Then add a few TB of water, just to make a bit saucy, but not watery.

Filling 3: Chicken Alfredo
I'll be honest, I haven't made this one but I just thought of it and it sounds amazing! I will make this one next time. Since I haven't made it I don't have measurments so you will have to play with the flavors and adjust as needed.
12-16 oz cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1 Jar of garlic alfredo sauce - this often don't have enough garlic for me so I add a little more.
OR a homeade alfredo sauce (Its so easy to make your own! Most cookbooks will have a recipe)
fresh tomotoes diced maybe 1/2-3/4 cup

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I want to eat some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty picture! I'm totally going to steal some of these ideas, because we are super bored of my lame dinner ideas we rotate through.

    ReplyDelete