Monday, January 18, 2010

Meal #1 Crock Pot Ribs with Roasted veggies

Sorry, no picture.
I made this last night and it was AMAZING! Plus, you can't really screw this one up!
I bought boneless Texas style ribs, country style works great too. Throw as many as you need to feed your family (I eat 2, my husband eats 3, my toddler eats 2 bits) into a crock pot. Give an onion a rough chop and throw that in to. Completely cover with any tomato sauce, juice, paste, etc. It just needs to be tomato base. Throw in whatever seasonings you like. I tossed in some garlic, bay leaves, and salt. Set to low and cook 8 hours. Pull them out of the cooking juices and cover in your favorite BBQ sauce. If you have access to a grill you can grill the ribs to caramelize the BBQ sauce onto them, but if not, that's okay too.

For the veggies: cut up into bit size pieces any of your favorite veggies. I use potatoes, carrots, zucchini, yams...whatever I've got. Toss in olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper, a little cayenne if you want a kick. Put in 9x13 or sheet pan and bake on 400 for about an hour or until veggies are tender, stirring a couple of times. (If I need it to cook quicker I turn heat up to 425 and bake about 35-45 minutes)

1 comment:

  1. mmm..this does sound good! Yay! I love blogs like this, esp. of people I know. You totally cook the same way as me! a little of this, a little of that, its just easier. Maybe I'm just lazy...it still tastes good though, right? Thanks for letting me know about this, I will be checking back often and trying some of these out for sure! YUM

    ReplyDelete