Saturday, October 2, 2010

Super Easy Chicken Tacos


This is a really easy quick fix dinner idea. I boil chicken from frozen, enough to feed my family plus extra for left overs. (You don't have to cook from frozen, it's just faster and easier for me because my chicken is already frozen.) I hardly ever boil my chicken in straight water. To this chicken I added worchester sauce, lime juice, salt and garlic. I put everyting in a pot first, chicken included, then bring to boil. Depending on how big your peices are it will take 20-30 minutes-ish. When its done drain the chicken but save some liquid. Shred the chicken, or dice it if you prefer, then flavor however you like. You could make a bbq style chicken with a bbq sauce or make your own with ketchup, vinegar, garlic powder, brown sugar, onion powder, worchester sauce, salt, pepper and mustard. Or just add lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper. To this I added worchester sauce, brown sugar, a little lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper and a little of the left over cooking liquid. It was sweet and savory. Heat chicken and sauce together. Then you are ready to assemble your tacos. You can keep it simple with just cheese and lettuce or you can go big. Here are some optional toppings: tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, cilantro, avacado, green onions, olives, lemon or lime juice.
**Tip: Rice and beans are very cheap. To make my filling go farther I add white rice and beans to my tacos. Calrose rice is my favorite, it's sticky and plump and cooks pretty quick. For this taco I like to use black beans.
**This shredded chicken is also perfect for salad. Chop lettuce and top with chicken, black beans, cheese, corn, and ceasar dressing for a southwestern ceasar salad. I sent the leftover chicken from last night along with salad fixin's with
Tyler for his lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment