Monday, November 1, 2010

Manacotti Enchiladas

Tyler loves creamy enchiladas. I hate the texture of flour tortillas when they get soggy from all the gooey filling. And I can't use corn tortillas because Tyler doesn't really like them. So, my solution..... manacotti noodles! My recipe for my filling is not really a "recipe", it's just some of this and some of that. But this is what I use: cubed or shredded chicken, sour cream, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, parsley, diced green chilies, green enchilada sauce, and a little milk if it's too thick. On the top and bootom of the manacotti I use the filling mixture minus the chicken and a little extra green enchilada sauce, all topped with cheese of your choice. Be careful when you cook the manacotti to make sure you don't overcook them or they will split. Follow the directions on the back for al dente noodles, I think it's like 7 minutes. Fill cooked noodles with filling, spread sauce on bottom of 9x13 casserol dish, arrange filled noodles in pan, top with sauce and cheese, bake till bubbly. This is one of my new favorite dishes! It's a wonderful compromise for Tyler and I. He still gets his enchiladas, but I don't have to gag on soggy tortilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment