Monday, June 20, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles


I got this recipe from Paula Dean. It's brilliant, I tell you. Just brilliant! I really was amazed at how much it tasted like regular cookie dough! My sisters and I love oatmeal cookie dough but when we are pregnant we can't eat it. So... I'm going to adapt this recipe for oatmeal cookie dough that we can eat while we're pregnant! Even though this dough is eggless and you won't get salmonella I can't promise that you won't still get sick from eating this cookie dough because I literally ate so much of it that I got a tummy ache last night. No joke. Anyway here are the ingredients for the cookie dough:
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. butter
2 c. flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream butter and sugar. Add flour and vanilla. With mixer on, add sweetened condensed milk. stir in chocolate chips. Using a small cookie scoop, form balls with cookie dough. If you don't have a scoop put powdered sugar on your hands and roll dough into balls. I just used my scoop and did not roll them into balls. They weren't as uniformed and perfect but they still turned out great. Chill for 2 hours in freezer. Dip in melted chocolate. Chill again till chocolate is set. I actually left about 1/2 cup of the cookie dough in the bowl for Tyler to eat with a spoon, he loves cookie dough and he loved this!
***Side note: I still eat tons of cookie dough with eggs. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment