Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mustard Coated Fish


I got this recipe from Ina Garten on FoodNetwork. We love fish so I just had to try it out. We've eaten this twice in the last couple months and I continue to crave it. You would think the mustard would be really strong but once it bakes it has the perfect amount of zing. If you haven't tried capers before I strongly recommend them. They are pretty tart on their own but after they have roasted in the oven they become a bit sweeter and more mild, plus, it gives the dish a little acidity - but a lemon wedge on the side is always a must when eating fish!
Ingredients:
4 fillets firm white fish - I use Tilapia
1/2 - 3/4 c. creme fresh or mayo - I use mayo
3 TB Dijon mustard
1 TB whole grain mustard -OR- brown mustard
2 TB minced shallot -OR- red onion
2 TB drained capers
Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Salt and pepper fish fillets and lay in baking dish. Combine all remaining ingredients and spread all over fish. It might look like a lot but you want the fish smothered pretty well. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
Serve with lemon wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment