Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pizza Braid


This is another recipe idea from Mel's Kitchen Cafe, you'll probably see a lot of posts from her website here. In fact most of you, assuming anyone reads this blog, could ditch my blog altogether and just visit her website. She's my new hero. She describes food so well, I want to eat everything she makes. She had a recipe for a BBQ chicken braid and I had been craving BBQ chicken pizza so I thought I'd give it a try. I was going to try and describe how to make this but after an entire paragraph I decided I would just confuse everyone and no one would want to make it so here is a link to her recipe and directions. I made one BBQ chicken and one Garlic Chicken Alfredo. I made an Alfredo sauce with cream cheese, milk, garlic and Parmesan cheese. *Also, I brush mine with an egg wash and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese. They only thing I will do different next time is put more filling in because it ends up being a lot of bread. I didn't have lettuce to make a salad so I served this on its own and my little family ate both braids so if you're making this for more than 2 adults and 2 kids I would make more. Anyway, I just thought it was a fun alternative to regular pizza or pizza bombs. The kids loved it and it will definitely go into my recipe rotation!

1 comment:

  1. I baked two of these for Braden's birthday except I went desert style. I spread a layer of sugar well blended with cream cheese (about one box per roll) and spooned blueberry pie filling on one and raspberries & strawberries in the other.

    We had a few friends over and they were literally devoured in minutes.

    ReplyDelete