Saturday, June 18, 2011

Multi-purpose French Bread Roll Recipe


A friend shared this website with me called Mel's Kitchen Cafe and I LOVE it! I have been finding amazing recipes, tips and tricks on her website. You can visit her website here or on my side bar to the right. She has a great tutorial on shaping the perfect roll. Anyway, this is her recipe for French Bread Rolls and I've been using it for dinner rolls, buns, and pizza's.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 c warm water
1 TB active dry yeast
2 TB sugar
2 TB canola oil
1 tsp salt
4 c. flour
Proof yeast in warm water and sugar till frothy and bubbly. Combine remaining ingredients, adding flour slowly. Knead 8-10 minutes. Spray bowl with cooking spray, turn dough in bowl to coat in spray. Cover with a damp, warm cloth and let raise till double. Punch down. Divide in half, then half again till you have 12 equal portions. Roll into balls and place on Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Raise till double. Bake at 400 degrees 12-14 minutes. *I brush mine with butter while they are still warm.
~I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour just to add some pretty color and a bit of healthy goodness. Also, the first time I made these I was trying to make rolls but they came out the size of buns so I used them for sloppy joes instead of dinner rolls. So... if you want dinner rolls divide them into the size of roll you prefer, remembering they will double in size once they raise and bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment